Correlation and Path Coefficients Analysis for Yield and its Contributing Traits in Rice (Oryza sativa L.) under Sodic Soil
Shiv Prakash Shrivastav* and Verma OP
Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Acharya Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology,
Narendra Nagar (Kumarganj), Ayodhya -224 229 (U.P.), India.
*Corresponding author Email: email@example.com
Volume 16-(1), 2023 ; https://doi.org/10.58297/GQOK7001 Click here for Pdf
Received : 15th April, 2023; Accepted: 28th May, 2023
Yield is the complex trait that depends on various attributes. Therefore, the knowledge about the relationship of different attributes to yield is crucial for making efficient selection strategy. The grain yield per plant exhibited highly significant and positive association with biological yield per plant followed by panicle bearing tillers per plant, spikelets per panicle, grains per panicle, chlorophyll content in F1 s at both genotypic and phenotypic level. Highest positive direct effect on grain yield per plant was exerted by biological yield per plant and harvest-index in F1 s at both genotypic and phenotypic level. Therefore, biological yield per plant and harvest index should be utilized in making selection strategy for yield improvement in rice.
- Assimilate Partitioning and Photosynthetic Parameters of Rice (Oryza Sativa L.) in Response to Salicylic Acid Application
- Water Productivity, Economic Viability, and Yield of Rice under Different Rice Establishment
- DRRH-4 (IET 27937) – World’s First Public Bred Aerobic Rice Hybrid
- DRR Dhan 64-(IET 28358) – First Nitrogen Use Efficient, Early Transplanted Rice Variety
- NLR 3186: A long Duration Blast Resistant Rice Culture Suitable for Irrigated Ecology of Andhra Pradesh
- KAU Pournami (MO 23): A high yielding red rice variety