What is SARR
The Society for Advancement of Rice Research is a registered society for researchers, research managers extension personnel, institutions, development agencies, trade and industry who practice and promote activities for the advancement of rice science and development. The society has been started with overall objectives of providing a platform for exchange information and knowledge and disseminate the latest developments in rice research and to bring together all persons / institutions working for the cause of rice
Aims and Objectives
- To advance the cause of rice research and development in the country.
- To disseminate knowledge on latest development in rice research through publications, seminars, lectures and training programs.
- To provide a platform for exchange of knowledge and information on rice research and developments through organizing workshops, symposia conferences, etc.
- To provide consultancy in rice production and development.
- To facilitate research and Industry collaboration and public private partnership at national level.
- To honour outstanding achievers in rice research and development.
- To cooperate with other organizations having similar aims and objectives
- To promote any other scientific/professional activities conducive for the advancement of science of rice and rice improvement..
The general body should consist of all the members of the society and all meet at least once a year. All major policy decisions will be taken by the General body.
Annual General Body Meeting
The Annual General Body meeting of the society shall be held once in a year on any convenient day at the Head Headquarters of the society or by invitation at any university or institution. The meeting may be held with the annual workshop meetings of all India Coordinated Rice Improvement Project (AICRIP).
The functions of the General body shall include:
- Approval of the minutes of the last meeting.
- Presentation of annual report of the activities of the society during the preceding year.
- Audited statement of accounts for the official year of the society and budget estimate of the receipts and expenditure for the current year.
- Presidential address by the retiring President.
- Discussion of other reports and communications from Executive Council.
- Announcement of the nomination of Honorary members, if any.
- Elections to the vacant positions of the Executive Council.
- Appointment of Auditors.
- Consideration of resolutions, if any, received form members.
- Presentation of scientific papers and communications etc.