Estimates of Genetic Variability,Heritability and Genetic Advance in Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Under Sodic Soil
Shiv Prakash Shrivastav¹* , Verma OP ¹ , Kanhaiya Lal² and Durga Prasad²
1 Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Acharya Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Narendra Nagar (Kumarganj), Ayodhya -224 229, India.
2 Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, C.S. Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur, India.
*Corresponding author Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received : 6th April, 2023; Accepted : 7th June, 2023
The experiment was carried out to evaluate the genetic variability, heritability and genetic advance in rice under the sodic soil condition. Results revealed highly significant variations within parents and hybrids. The five characters viz., number of spikelet’s per panicle, grain per panicle, amylose content, flag leaf area and 1000-grain weight showed high estimates of heritability coupled with high estimates of genetic advance as well as less than one average degree of dominance and predictability ratio nearly one in F1 ’s. This indicated that the inheritance of these five characters was governed by additive gene action and the direct selection for these characters would be rewarding.
- Assimilate Partitioning and Photosynthetic Parameters of Rice (Oryza Sativa L.) in Response to Salicylic Acid Application
- Water Productivity, Economic Viability, and Yield of Rice under Different Rice Establishment
- DRRH-4 (IET 27937) – World’s First Public Bred Aerobic Rice Hybrid
- DRR Dhan 64-(IET 28358) – First Nitrogen Use Efficient, Early Transplanted Rice Variety
- NLR 3186: A long Duration Blast Resistant Rice Culture Suitable for Irrigated Ecology of Andhra Pradesh
- KAU Pournami (MO 23): A high yielding red rice variety