Grain and cooking quality analysis in heat-tolerant QTL introgressed restorer of hybrid rice
Jaldhani V1 , Neeraja CN1 , Sanjeeva Rao D1 , Aravind Kumar J1 , Siromani N1 , Beulah P1 , Nagaraju P1 , Manasa Y1 , Rao PR1 , Subrahmanyam D1 , P Sudhakar2 , A Krishna Satya2 , Senguttuvel P*1
1. ICAR-Indian Institute of Rice Research, Hyderabad, India.
2. Biotechnology department, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, India.
Volume 14(2), 2021 ; https://doi.org/10.58297/NLKF4275 Click here for Pdf
Received: 21st November 2021; Accepted: 26th December 2021
Rice grain yield and quality are affected by the high temperature stress to a large extent. Four promising backcross introgression lines (BC2 F8 ) of KMR-3R/N22 carrying qHTSF1.1, qHTSF4.1 and HT Score QTLs were evaluated for high-temperature induced rice grain and cooking quality during Rabi 2021. Late-sown staggered planting was adopted to ensure uniform high-temperature stress on the improved restorers along with the parents used, which resulted in significant yield loss and grain quality degradation due to hightemperature stress. For cooking quality metrics, ANOVA showed significant variation among genotypes (G), treatments (T), and G×T. Among the backcross introgression lines (BILs), RP6338-9 possesses qHTSF4.1 noted to be promising for grain quality traits under high temperature stress.
- Genetic diversity analysis for yield and yield components in rice
- Molecular mapping of quantitative trait loci for stigma exsertion trait in rice (Oryza sativa L.)
- Assessment of the migration of the operational taxonomic units (OTUs) from rice rhizosphere to endosphere
- Bio-efficacy of new insecticides against paddy earhead bug, Leptocorisa oratorius (Fabricius)
- An analysis of marketing channels and constraints faced by rice farmers in marketing of Telangana Sona variety in Nalgonda district of Telangana
- Telangana sona (RNR 15048): a short duration, low glycemic, super fine grain, high yielding rice variety
- Telangana Vari 4 [IET 27869 (JGL 25958)] – Mid early duration, long slender, high yielding rice variety
- Rajendranagar Vari-1 [IET 27077 (RNR 11718)] – Multiple stress resistant, high yielding rice variety
- Rajendranagar Vari-2 [IET 26143 (RNR 15435)] – An aromatic long grain rice variety
- Overview of entomology research under AICRIP –An experiential learning